08 February 2017

We need more kindness in this world...


“I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again,” goes the old saying from William Penn. Kindness is not an inconvenience to be avoided but a characteristic to be embraced.

Kindness provides for the other people’s needs. Kindness is more than a pat on the back while saying, “Have a nice day.” Kindness gets involved. It gets its hands dirty. It’s visible and active. It moves beyond the spiritual and the emotional to the physical and practical. Kindness’s theme song says, “Find the need and fill it. Find the hurt and heal it.”

The watchword of today’s society is “Don’t get involved.” But at the heart of a kind person is involvement. They see the needs and seek to fill them. They are willing to risk in order to help others out. They know they can’t do everything, but they can do something.

Please get involved, do something kind today...

No comments:

Post a Comment