29 May 2017

Travel update: Mediterranean cruise holiday


Kim & I, with our dear pals Tracy & Brian have just got back from a fantastic holiday aboard the TUI (Thomson) Discovery.

This was the itinerary:
20 May: Flight from Bournemouth Airport to Palma, Majorca. 
21 May: Day at sea.
22 May: Ajaccio, Corsica. 
23 May: Civitavecchia, Italy 
24 May: Livorno, Italy 
25 May: St Raphael, France 
26 May: Barcelona, Spain 
27 May: Palma, Majorca flight to Bournemouth Airport

For Kim & me, our holidays are usually a road trip by bike (although sometimes by car), or a cruise holiday. Cruises are fab: wake up each day in a wonderful new place, lots of great food & drink, lovely staff, great entertainment. What's not to like? I know lots of people who say: "well, I'm not a cruise person". Know what? Neither was I! Kim booked us on a (surprise) cruise for our honeymoon - & I was hooked! We have so far done 2 with P&O, 2 with Thomson / TUI, 1 with MSC. The cruise lines are all different, some more formal, some targeted to a younger audience, but all good! Like the sound of this? Go here & read some more: www.cruise.co.uk.

We had plenty of great days at the various ports & on excursions, but the highlight of the cruise had to have been Barcelona. Second time that I've been & it has to be my favourite city. I grew up in London, and frankly am pleased not to live in the smoke! However, I could happily life in Barcelona - what a beautiful city. The roads are wide & well planned out, lots of shade from the hot sun. We especially love Las Ramblas, and the truly awe inspiring Sagrada Familia.

Hope you too get a great break soon.
The world is a beautiful place - go exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment