13 May 2018

Note to self: zip up tank bag before resuming ride...


Kim & I had a lovely ride today: really nice weather for a rider & pillion trip on the Crosstourer. Out to Gosport to have a look at the Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier, then off to Cams Mill for a drink and some of their truly amazing pork scratchings!

After leaving Cams Mill, I had travelled for a few miles when (very luckily) I glanced down at my tank bag. To my horror it was unzipped! I pulled over & my phone was missing. Kim pulled out her phone & I logged in to Google find my device. The phone was pinging - we rode back towards the pub, then retraced our tracks - we spotted the phone in the middle of the A32 Wickham Road. It had come out of its case when it hit the road & had clearly been run over by several cars. Amazingly even though the screen was totally ruined, it was still sort of working: amazing!

Thankfully I have a spare phone & phone insurance - so disaster averted.
Clearly, I need to pay closer attention to the tank bag before setting off!

No comments:

Post a Comment