15 May 2018

Real ale - a true passion of mine - especially Fuller's beers :0)


Being a West London lad, I cut my teeth on Fuller's ales. 
My first pub was the Lord Nelson, Brentford. First ever pint was Hock (a lovely mild, low ABV, sadly not generally available nowadays), I also used to drink ESB (distinctly at the other end of the spectrum!). I haven't lived in London for decades, but have always enjoyed Fuller's ales.

In 2005 Fullers bought Gale's brewery - based in Horndean, Hampshire.
Many of the pubs around where I now live were owned by Gales, and therefore changed to Fuller's houses. Great for me, though some of the locals miss the old days especially the original Gale's HSB.

My favourite ale is London Pride (perfect balance of hops and malt), and I'm pleased to say that nowadays, pretty much every pint is superb. Cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment